Sunday, February 20, 2011

Made It!

Alrighty, well here I am!
After 10 hours of flying time from Dalas, I landed smoothly in Santiago. I then flew through the internacional police and customs and found myself standing in the airport with 3 relatively larges bags. Alone. And everyone was speaking Spanish... I actually thought to myself  ¨where did all of those Americans from my flight go?¨ And then I realized that I was standing in the middle of the airport with all my bags and I new that if I were going to find Nacho, I would actually have to look for him. Moments later, there he was! Facil.

The rest of the day has moved so quickly it is going to be hard to recount...
We took a Taxi from the airport to Nacho´s place in Bellas Artes, met up with his partner and we all went out to walk around the city. We went all over the place, including Pablo Neruda´s house! Somewhere in our city adventure we grabbed lunch where i got to try both ceviche and pisco sour. Both good, both very strong. Sometime after lunch we ended up ontop of a rather large building hanging out by the pool chatting. That is until some man kicked us out for not having the right clothes on. Strange becuase we weren´t even swimming... whatever.

Now it is sometime after 9 and in Chile I guess that means we will be having dinner here soon. Such a late life here...

I am not on my computer here, but when I have an opportunity I will post some really cool pictures that I got today.

I hope everyone back in the States is doing well :)

¡Adios!
Mateo

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I am so excited for you!! I'm so sorry I couldn't make to dinner to say goodbye. :( Be safe out there and have a ton of fun!!
    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Son Shine!
    So good to know you have arrived safe and happy! Enjoy every moment of this fabulous, new adventure. Love Love You Baby Boy :o)

    ReplyDelete