Sunday, March 6, 2011

Did you know that I am actually here to go to school?

...because I started to forget about that part.


It has been just over a week since I moved in with my host family here in Vina del Mar. Technically my hosts include a Mom, and her 20 year old daughter. But, I also have some tios and a primo (aunt, uncle and cousin). So there are six of us living in this house, plus a 'Nanny' that comes sometimes, but I haven't totally figured out what it is she does... I'll keep you updated.
Oh and in the house we have a puppy. His name is Tatán :-)
He is 3 months old, and has taken quite a liking to me. I certainly don't mind...


Anyway, onto more important things than puppies...


This whole past week has been dedicated to getting to know the area of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar, as well as getting integrated into the academic part of this whole adventure. We have been doing things like small classes on the history of Valparaiso and Chile in general. We took some tours of the cities and the University campuses. And, after stressing about what classes to take, registration went pretty smoothly.


The weird thing about going to school here, is that the buildings for the 'campus' are spread out across the entire bay area. It made booking classes pretty difficult when we had to think about how in the world we would get across the city in under 10 minutes. Difficult.
Anyway, I think I have a schedule that is going to work out, hopefully I can understand my professors and other students in my class. Oh and I don't have class on Mondays which is going to be pretty stellar :)


I'll let you all know what classes I'm actually taking after the first week, since I may be changing my schedule around if it turns out to totally suck... But things have been going so well lately that I don't think that will happen.




SO for this trip, and life in general, my parents were generous enough to get me a Cannon Rebel for Christmas. I have been taking pictures here like it is my job and have been equally careful about keeping it safe. I just posted a bunch of photos on Facebook: PHOTOS


You don't even need facebook to be able to see those pictures. So check them out!


Now I have a TON of wonderful pictures, but I can't/don't really want to put up every single one, I will be sharing my select favorites.
My favorite one so far has been this:
This was taken at the Museo Cielo Abierto in Valparaiso. 
That is legitimately someones home. How cool is that?


Thanks for reading everyone! More info on my first week of school to come :)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT Pics! What a colorful and exciting place to be. So glad you share with us :O)

    ReplyDelete