Sunday, February 13, 2011

Almost there!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my blog!
Now, while my blog is titled 'Matt In Chile', this will actually begin while I'm still in the States. This is my last week here before I leave to go study on Valparaiso, Chile. I am leaving this coming Saturday, February 19. It is amazing that it is finally here when this process started months ago when I decided to apply for this program. The realization of how soon I leave happened last week when I went to LA to pick up my student visa from my consulate. I was pretty bummed that I had to travel all the way to California to pick up my visa, but it wasn't a total waste. My friend, Andrew, who lives on Catalina Island, met me in the city with his friend's car to help me get around and to see some sights of LA. It was a whirlwind day but It turned out be a lot of fun! I said it time and time again but I'm really am so grateful that Andrew went out of his way to help me out in my complicated visa process.

Well now that I have my visa the real excitement begins. I need to start thinking about packing (something I know my grandfather, father, and some or my aunties would have done already) and tying up some loose ends before I leave. Oh and I need to make sure to get around to say those wonderful goodbyes to everyone...

I'm sure this week will bring a huge mixture of emotions but for right now I just excited that it is finally here!

As I said, I leave on Saturday. Check back here for update on my day of travels while I'm headed to Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment