Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to school...

Attention: Study Abroad is certainly not a 5 month vacation. Don't forget it.

After an amazing week of travels in the Lakes District of this slim country, I have been having a very interesting time getting back into the flow of school. The level of work has really picked up here, yesterday I just finished writing a paper about the Mapuche for CIEE and now I get to move on to the other pile of readings, assignments and papers.

The most notable thing that has happened here since my last update was that we held a Seder at my house! Some of the Jewish Gringos were looking to hold a Seder for passover, so I was able to open the house up to have such an event! There ended up being 15 of us at the table, some Jewish, some not, but all good company! Everyone brought something to share (lots of wine), and my host mom even made some delicious cakes without flour so that everyone could participate :-) As we went though the process of the meal, I had an odd sense of familiarity like I had done it before.

A few of the important things that must be on the table at a Seder.
(Did I mention the wine?)



This previous Sunday was Easter and though I didn't participate in any interesting events in the city, I was able to talk to my grandparents via gmail-video-chat-thing! Many thanks to Aunt Mia and Mike.


Part of the original intention of the blog was to share my adventures, but also my photos. So here are some recent images...

The rain has started...



The markets are always running... They don't always like me taking pictures though...

Mom, Dad, next sand dune sculpture project.

Cool deformed bottles make excellent photos
Chilean Pesos

And of course, Valpo never ceases to amaze me. 


Take Care,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment