Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tomorrow can't really be April...

¡Hola a todos!
Espero que estén bein :-)

I am sorry to say that this blog just isn't going to be as exciting as my last post. Semana Menchona is over, there haven't been any earthquakes or temblors, and Megan and I didn't venture into the unsafe part of town... But it is about time for an update!

First and foremost: can you believe that tomorrow marks the first of the month? That is just incredible to me! Time flies when you are having fun, I guess!
At times I feel so comfortable here in the way the lifestyle moves, and in my own personal schedule that I may as well have been here for a year. Other times I feel that things have happened so rapidly that I could have just arrived 3 days ago.

Anyway, whether I want it to or not, time will keep on moving on. I had better make the most of it!

This previous week I have been spending my time getting into a flow with my school schedule and getting to know the area of Valparaíso better.

So Chloe and I decided that we still didn't know the cerros (hills) of Valparaíso very well for being here a month, so we set out on an a few mini adventures. We revisited the the Museo Cielo Abierto, which is the coolest neighborhood in the world with tons of awesome murals, hidden coffee shops and excellent views of the bay. While there, I was able to snap this awesome picture of my amiga:
After the museum we went over to a different cerro to wander around and get some coffee. Chloe was craving a mocha and went for some chocolately-coffee thing on the menu. We were getting a little concerned though because we could see the woman making it, and it was taking quite a long time to mix up this drink. When she finally got it, we realized what had taken so long. It was essentially hot pudding that may or may not have had coffee in it... Either way, it was delicious. 

After that adventure we grabbed some lunch at our respective houses and headed out to the Sand Dunes that are one the other side of the bay from Valpo. While there we were able to catch the sunset :)


The other really interesting thing that happened this week was the acquisition of a new puppy. I guess Rat really is a better word...
The one on the left is Tatán, he was here before. The one on the right is Plomo. 
They are the same age.

While it is cute that they like to hang out with me and nap in my room, it isn't so fun cleaning up after them... The other morning Plomo decided to crap underneath my bed at 7am. Not exactly a fun smell to wake up to. I was so tired that I even contemplated just laying there and dealing with it, but it was the wost smelling dog poop that has ever been created. So I had to get up and clean it up, not fun. Other than that it is just entertaining to watch the two of them try to play together (usually ends with a squeal), and their mistrust for some people in the house...

Well friends, I promise that my next update will be much more interesting because TONIGHT our group is leaving to go down south to Pucón! It is about a 10 hour bus ride, so we will be driving through the night. While there, we will be doing things like hiking volcanoes, rafting, zip-lining and soaking in some hotsprings :)
And conveniently, next week is Semana Novata at the university. I don't really know what it means in reality, but in the end it means no school!
Therefore some friends and I are going to stay in the Lake District of this skinny country and check out the cool sights. We will be hopping around where ever the wind takes us for a few days and will be back to Valparaíso by April 10th!

I like ending with a photo, so here is a favorite from this week: 


Desde Chile,
Matt

PS: Next time you hear from me, I'll be 21!




1 comment:

  1. I think that that chocolate pudding you talked about may have been the "xocoatl" or the "chocolate azteca"... Which is basically a regular chocolate with some "maizena" in it (i forgot the english word for that).
    Keep enjoying Chile Matt

    Ian

    ReplyDelete